Monday, February 11, 2013

thirty before thirty;

I've been inspired by Annie's post @ appletoothpaste, and I've decided to write my own list of thirty things I want to do/achieve/experience before my thirtieth birthday!

(1)  Get a first on my honours degree. (I got a second! Close enough!)
(2)  Get my masters degree.
(3)  Move out of home.
(4)  Live in a different country. (I now live in Gloucester, UK.)
(5)  Eat sushi. (Delicious!)
(6)  Get a new car.
(7)  Get a Rottweiler.
(8)  Finally get the tattoo I've been planning with years.
(9)  Find a mascara that I really love. (Soap & Glory's "Thick & Fast" has become a holy grail product.)
(10)  Go on a date.
(11)  Go on a date on Valentine's Day.
(12)  Go skydiving.
(13)  Qualify as a make-up artist.
(14)  Go on a holiday without my parents.
(15)  Have cosmetic surgery.
(16)  Have blonde hair.
(17)  Learn to walk properly in heels.
(18)  Own a pair of Louboutins.
(19)  Fly first class to anywhere.
(20)  Get married.
(21)  Meet Bryce Avary.
(22)  Take my sisters out to dinner in an actual restaurant. (Nom nom nom.)
(23)  Work in a job I actually like.
(24)  Taste everything on the menu at Costa coffee.
(25)  Go to Mardi Gras.
(26)  Meet Gale Harold.
(27)  Have my dream kitchen.
(28)  Own a pair of Wildfox Couture Bel-Air sunglasses.
(29)  Watch every episode of Sex and the City.
(30)  Receive a bouquet of flowers.

 In December, I turned twenty-one, so I think it's about time I get a move on in regard to making something of my life.  I mean, in the grand scheme of things, nine years isn't a long time.  I know a lot of things in this list mightn't seem very important, but it's often the little things that make the biggest difference, and a small sense of achievement is better than none!  In that same vein, I hope I haven't set my sights on anything too outlandish.  I'll be keeping this list updated, crossing things off the list as they (hopefully) happen, so watch this space!

If any of you have written a post like this, please leave your link below!  Thanks for reading!

13 comments:

  1. Nice bloggg,
    Done follow, follow me back :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to have you following,great post, I actually read them all and have a few I'd like to do too. I've not had sushi in ages and want some now after reading it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm so afraid to try sushi, but I really want to! x

      Delete
  3. yay! i'm glad i'm not the only one who's planning ahead! you have some great goals in here...i wanted to put get married down too but i chickened out! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this idea! I think I have already watched every episode of Sex and the city haha too much free time on my hands. Lovely blog :)
    Chloe xx
    http://moonchild-chloe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely! I've only seen a handful of episodes, I just don't have enough time to get into it :( x

      Delete
  5. I'm doing a 20 things b4 I'm 20 xx

    mac lipstick giveaway. 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to go skydiving as well! Such a scary thought though haha
    Love this post idea :)
    I'm a new blogger so have just followed you

    Samantha xo

    http://thislust.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was new not so long ago, too! I'll check out your blog, lovely x

      Delete
  7. Or are they called to find the truth of their dignity in the model of Mary, Virgin Mother of God, who reflects and participates in the Divine Truth, Beauty, and Goodness of which all creation is called to reflect and share in? cbd for bath bomb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I promise to read and reply to them all! New followers, be sure to leave your URL and say hello! x