Saturday, April 27, 2013

review: nyx jumbo eye pencils;



(left to right)
Rocky Mountain Green:  Emerald green with a silver shimmer.
Peacock:  Blue/green with a silver shimmer.
Oyster:  Pink/lilac iridescent.
Sparkle Nude:  Light gold with silver shimmer.
Yogurt:  Champagne pink.
Rust: Reddish shimmery cranberry.
French Fries:  Medium golden brown.
Black Bean:  Matte black.
Milk:  Matte white.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils are oversized pencils that can be used as eyeshadow crayons, eyeshadow bases, or as eyeliner.  They are a must-have in the beauty world, and I have finally invested in some of my own. I bought them online from Cherry Culture (psst, they're currently on sale at less than €3 each!), initially only intending to buy Milk, and for once I am delighted with the result of my impulsive spending.

With the exception of Oyster, which has more of a sheer/duochrome finish, they are all intensely pigmented with great colour payoff.  Although NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils don't have a great reputation when it comes to their staying power, I was really pleasantly surprised with how long the swatches lasted on my arm, even with my sleeves rubbing on them.  However, if you are wearing them alone, I would recommend setting them with a powder to stop them from creasing, particularly if you have oily skin.  They're available in a range of 32(!!) gorgeous colours and they have a shade to suit every look and occasion. 

As for downsides, I have heard that these can be a nightmare to sharpen without NYX's own sharpener, so it's best to depot them, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!

Overall:  For that price, these are an absolute steal, and I have every intention of purchasing more.  They're versatile, and so so pretty!
Rating: 8/10

Have you tried any of the Jumbo Eye Pencils?  What colours are your favourites?  Thanks for reading!


8 comments:

  1. I only have Milk, but I use it almost daily - would definitely like to try out more! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look amazing, dying to try them. Hope they ship to England.
    Blogging has been so bad for my bank balance ha! xx
    Rachael - beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think this uk site sells them too!
      http://www.love-makeup.co.uk/
      & aha i know exactly what you mean, but it's worth it! x

      Delete
  3. I've been meaning to try these for a while... I've heard amazing reviews on them!
    -Charlotte
    http://www.incharlottesshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i highly recommend them, i use them all the time now. and they're so cheap! x

      Delete
  4. i have some and i absolutely adore them! i have the ELF dupes and cant wait to compare them together.

    bewest follower, find me at
    BreezeyBee Blog
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've never even seen the elf ones, i'll have to check them out. thank you so much! x

      Delete

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I promise to read and reply to them all! New followers, be sure to leave your URL and say hello! x